What is it that we are praying for?
We are asking God for nothing less that the spiritual and social transformation and revitalization of the Sugar Land/Stafford (SL/S) area – each person, congregation, neighborhood and community. We are asking to see God’s influence established and expanding in and through every facet of the SL/S community. We are asking for a unified Church that together employs spiritual and human resources to change our community through Jesus Christ for good.
1. Celebrations and Giving Thanks
“Give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name; make known among the nations what He has done. Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts.” Psalm 105:1-2
• God is drawing congregations and Christians together in the SL/S area for His united purposes in fresh new way by His Spirit. Praise Him! Thank You that over the past few months You have brought together a tithe of the congregations in this CSA as a loving, praying, serving family and army to impact our community with God and for His purposes!
• God is uniting His children in a fresh new way to pray for and care for the SL/S area. Praise Him!
• God is building relationships with the educational sector of SL/S area – especially with the school district to bless and strengthen our lives and the community. Praise Him!
2. For the Reversal of and Healing in areas of Brokenness in the SL/S Community
“And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and the Lamb will be in the city, and His servants will serve Him.” Revelation 22:2-3
• Move Holy Spirit to stop the rate of criminal activity in our community. Reverse the plague of crime in ways that will cause Your light and redemption to grow brighter and brighter every day! Cause those captured by the snares of addiction to find their true purpose in life in You – in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
3. For the Unity of and Collaborative Actions by the Body of Christ.
“May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that You sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me.” John 17:23
• Pour Your Spirit upon the Body of Christ in the SL/S area. We pray for renewal and revitalization of every member of Your Church. Make us one!
• Bless and anoint leadership to serve both in the local church as well as those leading Kingdom of God initiatives in the marketplace. Make us one!
• A united, informed, and engaged praying people are critical to transformation in this community and in the public schools. We pray that You would help us identify and enlist 50 believers in SL/S who will commit to regular intercessions for the spiritual and social transformation and revitalization of this area. May this number grow to 100 by September 1, 2008 – in Jesus’ Name. Amen!
4. For the Prospering of Greater Houston and for Church-Civic Partnerships:
“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.” Matthew 5:14-15
• That leaders from local businesses would come together in the SL/S CSA and community initiatives to provide leadership and resources to help meet the immediate needs and transform our community by God’s grace and power.
5. For the Whole and Healthy Children efforts in the SL/S public schools:
“Then little children were brought to Jesus for Him to place His hands on them to pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. Jesus said: ‘Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.’” Matthew 19:13-14
• Pray that God would call a minimum of 100 Christians in 2008-2009 to commit to mentoring a child needing one-to-one mentoring at Stafford Primary and Stafford Middle school. Pray that these relationships will be sovereignly arranged impacting children, families and schools.
• Pray for $10,000 to be raised by May 2009 to assist these schools help with needs above and beyond the regular school budget.
• Pray for schools all across the SL/S community. May God pour His love and presence upon all administrators, teachers, board members and students. Pray that God would give favor to those leading bible clubs and prayer meetings on campus.