God used the pivotal principles I learned in my two years under Jim Herrington’s mentoring to keep me from bailing out of a very challenging leadership setting. Beyond that, they enabled me to thrive as a change agent. Now, in my ongoing leadership challenges, I keep using the truths that were instilled in me.
- You are the highest leverage change-point in your system.
- One change changes everything.
- Systems change to stay the same.
- There is no single cause to a given effect.
- There are no single-stroke solutions to complex problems.
- This is not personal, it is a mental model disagreement.
- You must build a learning community.
- Transformational goals, not incremental change.
Dave Gibson, Senior Pastor
Cypress Bible Church