“Faithwalking is a significant life change process. The Faithwalking Foundations curriculum modules and process are impacting lives. The rhythm of 10 weeks in seminars, homework, coaching, and spiritual practices – followed by a break – is helping people stay engaged and experience profound change.”
– Pastor Jeff McGee, Faithwalking Circle Leader and board member
Exciting things are happening at Faithwalking! Below are some of the highlights of what has been going on in the Faithwalking world from our Executive Director, Ken Shuman:
- Faithwalking Foundations is gaining momentum and enabling people from around the world to participate. Some past participants are going through the Faithwalking process a second time and finding it to be very helpful.
- We started three “Spaces for Wholeness” groups last year that continue to meet weekly or biweekly online. These are free and are open to anyone. Click here for more information about Faithwalking Meditations, Keep Calm (and Faithwalk On), and the Single/Living Alone group for women.
- We now offer a podcast online here: faithwalking.us/podcast/. There were 2,750 downloads of podcast episodes last month alone!
- We have 7 leaders being trained to become Faithwalking facilitators in Spanish from the Dominican Republic and Guatemala. We are also partnering with two mission networks in Central America to offer Faithwalking.
- Earlier this year we began offering Faithwalking to college students for the first time through a partnership with a group affiliated with the Navigators.
- A group of young leaders from around the world are currently going through Faithwalking Foundations in a partnership with Resonate, a ministry of the Christian Reformed Church.
- We have a group of pastors and ministry leaders going through Faithwalking Foundations in Ontario, Canada. These leaders intend to launch Faithwalking Circles in the near future.
- We have 24 Faithwalking Circles functioning or emerging. A Faithwalking Circle is a group that learns our process and then facilitates it for their congregation, organization, or area.
- We have 7 facilitators now leading Faithwalking Foundations online for Faithwalking Central based in Houston.
- We have a host of volunteers coaching, serving on committees, or providing leadership in Faithwalking Circles around the country. It is amazing how many volunteers are engaged. Faithwalking is able to do what we do thanks in large part to our volunteers.
- One of our key leaders, Marcos Leon, transitioned to a part-time role in April. Marcos recently graduated from seminary with a degree in counseling and also is a certified spiritual director. He is starting his counseling practice in addition to offering spiritual direction and continuing his work with Faithwalking.
Thank you for supporting us and being part of this mission! We love this work and continue to be greatly encouraged by what God is doing through Faithwalking.
Would you consider supporting Faithwalking through:
Please also help us promote our
We believe that God’s intended design is for wholeness in individuals, communities, and the world. We believe that God’s hope is for shalom to be present, which includes peace, unity, completeness, wholeness, and well-being for everyone and in everyone. God’s hope is for the Kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven.
We live in a world of brokenness: People are chronically anxious and reactive, internally conflicted, frequently unloving, and regularly unconcerned about the common good. Many Christians are inconsistent in following the way of Jesus.
To make wholeness possible for individuals, communities, and the world.
We do this through a process of spiritual formation where people are equipped with tools to gain freedom from wounds of their past, grow in emotional maturity, and live lives of purpose on mission with God, so that they increasingly follow the way of Jesus by serving the poor, the marginalized, and those in need, working for the common good, and restoring individuals, social systems, communities, and nations to God’s intended design.
Our vision is for Faithwalking to be accessible to every person in the world so that participants become agents of wholeness in their own context.